Saturday, October 27, 2007

Do They Speak English in London?



Channing Crowder

Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder will never be confused for a rocket scientist. But when Crowder asked a Sun Sentinel reporter whether people in London spoke English, you either had to wonder if Crowder was joking or if he's just plain stupid. I'm hoping its the former and not the latter.

Here's what Crowder said. "I couldn't find London on a map if they didn't have the names of the countries. I swear to God. I don't know what nothing is. I know Italy looks like a boot. I learned that. I know London Fletcher. We did a football camp together. So I know him. That's the closest thing I know to London. He's black, so I'm sure he's not from London. I'm sure that's a coincidental name."

Wow! This is just another example of how athletes should just keep their mouths shut. Crowder, who attended the University of Florida, probably didn't take any geography classes in Gainesville. If he did, it sounds like he slept through them.

No comments: